Notification of Teen Pregnancy and STD/HIV Class
Notification of Teen Pregnancy and STD/HIV (Family Life
Dear Parent/ Guardian,
Your student has the opportunity to participate in a valuable
program that Centerstone's Prevention Services will be offering
during the school year. Be in Charge 2, an abstinence-focused
program, will provide students with medically accurate information
on teen pregnancy and STD/HIV prevention using the Making A
Difference! evidence based curriculum.
• This letter serves only as a
NOTIFICATION of the class. A Parent Permission
Form will be sent home at a later date.
• Program content follows the guidelines and the requirements
set forth in the TN Core Curriculum as required by the TN State
Board of Education.
• According to Tennessee State Law, Family Life Education is
• A full copy of the law [TN Code Annotated] is available for
your review online at http://www.capitol.tn.gov/Bills/107/Bill/SB3310.pdf
If you need additional information please visit the developer's
website and/or contact the staff listed below.
Prevention Specialist, Emily Rhoads
(931) 920-7321 | email@example.com
Program Coordinator, Amanda McGeshick
(931) 920-7395 | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Be in Charge 2 program is fully funded by a $10 million
grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office
of Adolescent Health.